Car Rider Map and Procedures
Announcing a “NEW” Woodlawn Elementary School Car Rider Road for the 2020-21 school year!
Please know this is a new road and new process moving traffic in the opposite direction from the previous year, your patience is needed and appreciated until routines are established.
- The drop off point for students is located at the main entrance of the building only.
- We encourage all parents to drop off students beginning at 7:30 a.m. as we have less traffic during this time of the morning during our drop-off time. Duty teachers begin duty at 7:30 and end duty at 7:55 a.m. Please know that students must buzz the office after 8:00 a.m. to enter the building and are considered tardy.
- Parents follow the one-way car rider campus road that will lead traffic counterclockwise around the campus located north of campus off of highway 63 by the High School Football field that exits on Smith County road.
- Turn left on Smith County road toward the Woodlawn Elementary Campus. (NOTE: A gate will be unlocked by 2:30 p.m. to start moving the traffic forward.)
- Each car picking up a student should have a car sign visible on the dashboard visible to the duty teachers. The car sign will have the child’s name on it. This expedites the pickup process and assists staff and student’s safety and security while transitioning your child to your car.
- Students will be picked up in the marked lanes. Please pull up your car to the marker to allow one way traffic to enter the pickup area located behind you.
- Continue to pull up to the farthest available lane up to the next marker to ensure traffic is moving.
- Your child will be sent to the farthest pick up lane to keep traffic moving.
- Parents picking up students in the pickup zone must remain in their vehicles.
- Parents must be in line to pick up children.
- Do not walk up to get your child unless you are checking them out from the office prior to car pick up time.
- No parking by the baseball field, across the road, or any undesignated area.
- Remember that the use of a handheld cell phone in the school zone is prohibited.